Thursday, May 15, 2008

Technology Article #2

The second article that I chose to read was "Examining Social Software in teacher Education" by Richard E. Ferdig. My opinion on these social software sites is starting to change. My opinion used to be that these sites were for college kids to post their "drunk" photos and to write useless text messages. I have heard of of teachers getting into trouble for having questionable photos on the site. What I took from the article is that their is a better way to use these sites. Colleagues can discuss learned material, or recieve help on upcoming assignments. There are learning tools that are waiting to be used and shared. As the article suggest, there is a productive way to use these sights, it's up to teacher education programs to and teachers to discover it's benefits.

No comments: